Why Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet? Enroll Now
- An established program that has helped dancers realize their dreams for more than 60 years.
- A proven curriculum developed by renowned Founding Artistic Director Marcia Dale Weary designed to progress your skills and prepare you for success in the dance world and beyond.
- Comprehensive training perfecting technique, building physical strength, and developing artistry.
- Rehearsal process and performance experience that complete your training, taking what you learn in the studio to the stage.
- An expansive repertory by renowned choreographers, ranging from full-length classical ballets to new works.
- Multiple performance opportunities, including professionally produced stage productions and in-studio performances.
- Distinguished faculty with exceptional qualifications and affiliations, including experts in the field, former professional dancers, and choreographers.
- Celebrated guest teachers and coaches from around the world exposing you to comprehensive instruction and the opportunity for ballet company representatives to see CPYB students ready to make their mark on the dance world. Guest teachers and permanent guest faculty are invited to teach the pre-professional levels on a regular basis.
Students in the Pre-Professional Division consisting of Level 2B though 7 earn their placement in each level through hard work, determination, and discipline. Those who have achieved proper technique may qualify to participate in pointe, pas de deux, variations, and men’s class, in addition to the regular technique classes. The amount of time spent in a level depends solely on the student’s individual improvement and is determined by the Artistic Director. Performance experience is an integral part of a dancer's training at CPYB. CPYB is the Resident Ballet Company of Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts in Harrisburg.
Performance opportunities may be offered to students in Primary and Pre-Professional divisions. In order to qualify as a member of the CPYB performing company, students must comply with requirements as described in the Academic Handbook and Student Policies.
Beyond training in the studio and on stage, CPYB offers CPYB Dialogues, an informative seminar series on important topics such as nutrition and wellness, injury prevention, resume preparation, and more.
Placement class for new students with substantial dance training:
Placement class for returning Pre-Professional students:
In the Pre-Professional Division, students participate in all required classes available at their level Monday through Saturday. Additional optional classes are also made available. Pre-Professional Division classes take place Monday-Saturday. Class times vary by level and day, but typically begin by mid-afternoon and end by 9:15 p.m. Monday-Friday. Saturday classes begin at 9 a.m. and end by 6:30 p.m. (not including rehearsals). Sunday classes are offered for certain levels only.
Download full Pre-Professional Dress Code standards.
Annual registration fee: $35
Annual security fee: $45
|Level||Tuition* per month|
*Notes about tuition:
- Tuition and Refund Policy
- Payment of tuition entitles Pre-Professional Division students to take all ballet classes offered at their level or below.
- Annual tuition is spread over 10 monthly payments and billed September – June.
- The first month of tuition will be billed in September following placement classes.